Saturday, June 13, 2009

Black Saturday: The Sky Is Crying

Blues is the pure reflection of human's pain and anger, in a allegorical language that we are so much acquainted since Sa'adi and Hafez. The language of a country that everyday feels the pain, right than to the bone. Listen to this crying from Elmore James' words:

The sky is crying, look at the tears rolling down the streets.
The sky is crying, look at the tears rolling down the streets.
I looked out my window, the rain was falling down in sheets.
My baby left me this morning, Lord knows I don't know the reason why.
My baby left me this morning, I don't know the reason why.
And everytime I think about it, I hang my head and cry.
The sun is shining, although it's raining in my heart.
The sun is shining, although it's raining in my heart.
I love my baby, I hate to see us part.

1 comment:

  1. This song has been covered by many many other artists, but Peter Green's cover is one of the best!

    ReplyDelete